Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Revisions, revisions, revisions...

The golden rule of the project has always been MAKE IT PLAYABLE. In-game, I have been taking notes and adding features.

While the voice activation was AMAZING (check out http:\\voiceattack.com!) I added Teamspeak3 so that space was no longer so cold and lonely. Flying with a friend on the line adds a huge amount of fun, and I went back to the original design of switches and displays. With VoiceAttack, I could have easily gotten rid of every button and switch in my design. So, for now, voice commands are used for the other games in the stable.

Found a few more software utilities for the Arduino Mega that will put 60+ switches in to the computer from the panels with almost no coding on my part. That should speed up the design, although the code did not look too complicated. With the impending arrival of the CNC machine and additions to the PVC framework, it looks like the forward control section will be well on its way this week.

No pictures this post, as I have revised the frame three times so far, and more revisions tonight. I also logged another 6-8 hours in-game, taking notes all the while. Expect big posts this weekend with some of my (poorly executed) attempts at foam panel mockups and my first prototype panel design. I will also share some of my research library of web sites and information that got me this far!

P.S. - UPS is on its way... Looks like I will be taking a few days to assemble the CNC! I will cover that project as well, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment