Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Video Posting Time...

I finally got around to uploading some videos. These show what I have in action. By not committing to a specific plan just yet, I have had the freedom to move things around and not have to rebuild everything over and over as I change my mind. 


Here's the first revision , trying out the basic configurations and seeing if the entire project was viable! My PVC "pods" worked well enough for the controls.

Lucas is playing the Freespace2Open mod Diaspora , a Battlestar Galactica total conversion. He was much more interested in piloting a fighter than a rust-bucket freighter... 



The latest version - Revision C - as in, "I had to move the F#&!!! thing THREE TIMES"...
I do a walk-through of the setup as it is, and a demo of implementing Voice Attack for command recognition. This does NOT mean I'm not going to switch-and-LED the crap out of this project, but it sure is cool to have the computer respond to voice commands, especially in combat!








Some of my initial sketches for switch panels and displays. I am still modeling a lot of my build on these ideas, but as I prototype, I heavily modify the design to either improve play-ability or accessibility. Four other pages cross-index the key commands and indicators to specific panels, so at least I know what I am building towards. Right now, the navigation controls are most challenging, as the game interface is difficult at best, and there's no way to develop a device to mimic the on-screen control... YET. ;)


More to come... Waiting on a big UPS package this week. Time to prototype  the panels... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment